July 11, 2018
Re: Company Policy Update
Please note the following has been added to the Rigarus Company Policy:
Construction Clothing and Boot Allowance
Rigarus Construction Inc. is pleased to offer a clothing and boot allowance to all permanent employees. A permanent employee is any person employed with Rigarus Construction beyond a 6-month probation period. Permanent employees are eligible for reimbursement of up to $300 per calendar year (unless otherwise specified by the employer) for approved clothing and boot items.
Clothing items must be construction outerwear or other gear suitable for year-round outdoor working conditions. This could include jackets, sweaters, pants, shirts, snow pants, gloves etc.
Boots MUST be CSA approved safety boots to be eligible. Insoles and laces are also eligible for reimbursement
How to submit a claim
- Complete the claim form.
- Claims MUST include an itemized receipt to be considered in the allowance and are to be submitted to Human Resources for approval.
- Once approved, the receipt will be reimbursed through payroll. NOTE: This is NOT a taxable benefit, and therefor will NOT affect income tax calculations.
- Submissions are subject to approval by HR. If unsure, ask before you buy.
- Disputes regarding this policy can be brought forward to Human Resources Department
- Use it or lose it. Annual allowance does not accumulate or ‘rollover’ into the next year.